[linux-dvb] Re: mods to bt878.c

Gerd Knorr wrote:
I added Gerd Knorr and Jamie to the CC: list, both are currently working on merging the analog and digital bttv driver, this problem is probably a pretty related issue.

Yup.  Anyone had a look at the new bttv9 snapshots and the new gpio
interface btw?  No response so far to the announcement ...
sorry, I had very limited free time last days, so I didn't looked yet into this code.

I suppose both btaudio.o and the bt8xx-dvb driver should only attach
to the cards they can handle for sure, this should be dependent on
both subvendor and device id.

Problem is that many cards simply don't have a subsystem ID :-/

These ones with Subsystem ID are pretty trivial to handle, adding
a way to blacklist them in btaudio is just a few lines of code.
Maybe it might make sense to add a 'i2c-ping-table' to identify the cards: if it's e.g. possible to talk to chips at i2c adresses 0xXX, 0xYY and 0xZZ then we have probably card XXYYZZ...

Holger