[linux-dvb] Re: Budget SU1278 (STV0299/TSA50059) DVB-S corruptionon SOME channels

Andrew de Quincey wrote:
On Friday 24 October 2003 03:00, Andrew de Quincey wrote:

BTW: I also found an issue with low symbol rates: The STV0299B datasheet
says that the gain CFD[6:4] MUST NOT exceed the coefficient e[3:0], as
that may lead to instability. But when you take the recommended STV0299B
settings from the SU1278 datasheet, that is the case for symbol rates <5
MBaud. Since I do not receive any transponders with such a low symbol
rate, I have not been able to verify if there is indeed a problem...
There definitely is a problem. Lots of transponders on hotbird have weirdy
symbol rates. None of the ones about 5MBaud and below work with my patch.

Actually, I've just noticed the above was with a different tuner... "BSRU6, TDQB-S00x". Although it is STV0299B based, it doesn't seem to be able to deal with symbol rates below 10MBaud. Is this expected? (I've tested with the normal driver, and it has the same problem BTW)
Errm, no. This should actually work and the last time I tested with a SU1278 (no SH) in our STB it did. Can you please try to find out what's broken here? Did not tested the Alps tuner though...

Hmm, actually I've just noticed a channel at 22MBaud ain't working either.
Now THAT is probably my problem.

It was; I fixed the bug. However some channels still don't tune correctly for some reason... I have an awful suspicion this is the change to a 1MHz stepsize :(
You could try to preinitialize the AFC to the correct offset, this might help at large stepsizes.

Holger