[linux-dvb] Re: Hauppauge DEC2000-t (Germany) tuning question

> > of course it's /usr/lib/hotplug/firmware/ , sorry
> >

> In 2.6 kernels only, and that change has only been in cvs less than 24 hours.
> Sorry if this bad timing has caused confusion -

Thanks a lot for sorting this out ;-).

> For 2.4 kernels keep the firmware in /etc/dvb at compile time, since 2.4
> doesn't have the new firmware loader code.

done

k, and then:

- trashed my local directories
- resynced from CVS
- recompiled, reinstalled, rebooted

and now:

- the box still freezes when active on system startup (..checking module
dependencies...and locked up! (at least the output to television)
and won't reboot with ./tzap

- the output is still like above.

> I seem to remember trying to get the windows driver to load the firmware and
> then use the linux driver and getting the same frozen mess.

I dont feel 100% sure about what you mean : dual boot Win/Linux?
I can ensure that this happens while only booting Linux several times.

> Not sure about the driver oops - you could try piping it through ksymoops for
> something more meaningful.

I'm willing to perform any kind of voodoo to provide more helpful
information if you might request this more in detail (e.g. a CLI
command), as my experience in compiling/debugging is somewhat limited...
>   There is a known problem with disconnecting the
> device whilst it's in use though.

not recognized anything about this yet, at least one known problem that
i don't have, i'm lucky!

I do suspect this box to host some kind of artificial intelligence which
is evil.

Mayday!

Cheers

Michael