[linux-dvb] Re: Nova-T PCI rev 1.2, CVS DVB driver, Alpha and PowerPC

kieran@pawsoff.org (Kieran Fulke) writes:

> > Nothing got captured when I tried same thing on Alpha.

Now that I moved Nova-T back to PowerPC workstation for trying again,
I am not getting any MPEG-2 TS content on it either.  I have been
using latest DVB driver provided by Debian packaging system and CVS
version, that seems to make no difference in my case.

> What model of Alpha are you using? I have an LX164, and it hangs
> during aboot init when i have my nova-t plugged in, regardless of
> pci card layout.

AlphaStation 200 4/100, I did not notice any problems during boot.  My
workstation boots with "aboot" too.  What I would like to do is
installing this PCI DVB-T tuner to my Alpha server (AXPpci 33 with
21066 CPU).  Server has got SCSI DVD-ROM drive already, decent
ethernet adapter, local disk space for saving broadcast MPEG-2 audio
and video...  But that will not happen before I know that Nova-T works
well at least on my Alpha workstation.

Then again, my PowerPC 604e workstation has got EM8300-based MPEG-2
decoder hardware that works fine.  With MPlayer it played SVCD images
over network (tested over both SSH and NFS).  If I left Nova-T to
PowerPC workstation, I could still use my server for storing MPEG-2
streams remotely on NFS and workstation for displaying broadcast
content without going through LAN.

Either would be good...  If only I managed to get DVB-T tuner
working... :)

I wonder why I got some MPEG-2 TS content captured earlier but it does
not work anymore...  am I missing something or is signal too weak?

--
 "pienena   /  Paavo "Rainbow Rat" Hartikainen
  minusta  /  E-mail: pahartik@sci.fi