[linux-dvb] Re: av7110_ir and kernel 2.6.0

Software wrote:
> last weekend i switched my vdr-pc to kernel 2.6.0. Now i have an echo of
> the pressed remote keys on the
> terminal window.
> With kernel 2.4.21 i <simple> rmmod keybdev.o module and the echo was
> gone...
> What should i do under a 2.6. kernel?
>
> Is there any configuration possible for those events? What can i do if i
> want the hauppauge remote control
> and an usb keyboard (needs keybdev in 2.4 ?).
>
> Last question: is there a simple way to get the name of  the event
> device for dvb-remote (needed for the
> remote plugin from vdr like /dev/input/eventX , X needed!)?
> I have seen that X could change sometimes ( at starting dvb drivers).

http://bytesex.org/snapshot/input-20031008.tar.gz contains a "list"
program to enumerate input devices. If the driver would provide
useful info for EVIOCGID it could be used to find IR remote controls
among other input devices. At the moment you have to grep the name
for "DVB".

I think if you want to suppress IR events from reaching your
terminal you will have to run a program which opens the
IR input device and calls EVIOCGRAB on it. AFAIK there is no
kernel infrastructure for filtering/routing input events.

See linux/input.h for ioctl definitions.

Regards,
Johannes