[linux-dvb] Re: mplayer HDTV

On Mon, 5 Jan 2004, Hamish Moffatt wrote:

> > The "size restrictions for MP@ML or MPEG1 exceeded!" is not an error, just
>
> What size restriction does it mean? Is it saying that it's too big for
> some internal structure, too big for the display, or out of spec? The
> message is not at all helpful.

It's saying that it's too big for the MP@ML ('main level') profile of
MPEG2. Which is perfectly true, since your video is following the MP@HL
('high level') profile :)

It doesn't affect the decoding (which doesn't care about profiles -
they're only guidelines), and all the internal structures, display
windows, etc. neither know nor care about it.

At one stage there was a problem in the display code with windows over
1024 pixels tall on some platforms but that now appears to be fixed.

> > a notice. But it can slow things down if it's scrolling in a terminal
> > window on X, so try avoiding this (small and not overlapping window, or
> > "mplayer >/dev/null 2>/dev/null").
>
> That didn't help. I'm not getting the message that often (once a second
> or so).

Yes I get it with the same frequency. Just ignore it. Your problem is not
related to this message (IMHO).

> Thanks,
>
> Hamish

{P^/