From: Stefan Weidt [mailto:stefan@sweidt.force9.co.uk]
Sent: Wednesday, January 07, 2004 11:39 PM
To: linux-dvb@linuxtv.org
Subject: [linux-dvb] Re: Problems loading DEC2000T modules

On Wed, 7 Jan 2004 22:22:57 +1100
"Hai Tran" <htran@betrusted.com> wrote:

> Thanks Stefan,

> I tried;

> modprobe ttusb_dec

> Followed by

> modprobe dec2000_frontend

> lsmod shows both the above module installed and the dvb core.

> However I still just have /dev/dvb nothing else.

> Dmesg still only shows
>
> drivers/usb/core/usb.c: registered new driver TechnoTrend/Hauppauge DEC
> USB

> Any other sugguestions?.

Well I've not had similar problems so I'm not sure. Try 'modprobe ttusb_dec debug=1' and report the kernel logs. This will also help Alex Woods who wrote the driver.

The modules should be loaded with the box already turned on, so that the LED is green. Do you get a picture through the TV, either RF or scart? Have you had this box working in Windows?

You could try downloading the CVS or use a vanilla kernel from www.kernel.org with the CVS and build your own kernel. http://linuxtv.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/

If you use CVS sources then its a good idea to read linux/Documentation/dvb/firmware.txt and linux/Documentation/dvb/ttusb-dec.txt before compiling.

Good luck,

Stefan