[linux-dvb] Re: Problems loading DEC2000T modules

On Wednesday 07 January 2004 12:38 pm, Stefan Weidt wrote:
> On Wed, 7 Jan 2004 22:22:57 +1100
>
> > However I still just have /dev/dvb nothing else.
> >
> > Dmesg still only shows
> >
> > drivers/usb/core/usb.c: registered new driver TechnoTrend/Hauppauge DEC
> > USB
> >
> > Any other sugguestions?.
>
> Well I've not had similar problems so I'm not sure. Try 'modprobe ttusb_dec
> debug=1' and report the kernel logs. This will also help Alex Woods who
> wrote the driver.

Yes, please - the debug output would be useful.  Also worth checking with the
lsusb command to see if the device shows up there.

> The modules should be loaded with the box already turned on, so that the
> LED is green. Do you get a picture through the TV, either RF or scart? Have
> you had this box working in Windows?
>
> You could try downloading the CVS or use a vanilla kernel from
> www.kernel.org with the CVS and build your own kernel.
> http://linuxtv.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/
>
> If you use CVS sources then its a good idea to read
> linux/Documentation/dvb/firmware.txt and
> linux/Documentation/dvb/ttusb-dec.txt before compiling.

It's also worth noting that the CVS version of the driver has some support for
section filters, which means that you can use scan to produce your
channels.conf file.

Cheers,
Alex