[linux-dvb] Re: recording and watching paralle not possiblel?

Dirk wrote:

Johannes Stezenbach wrote:

One can record TS from dvr0 while playing back PES to video0/audio0.
vdr does it.

Johannes

How can I achieve this with szap/mplayer?
I am doing something like

szap -r ABC ... &
buffer < /dev/dvb/adapter0/dvr0 >recording.mpg

mplayer -vo mpegpes
(mplayer says ...Opening /dev/dvb/adapter0/video0+audio0...)

Just after starting mplayer, the recording stops.

I am fine with ts2pes (ts recording (intead of buffer)) and
xawtv (v4l view (instead of mplayer)) after szap -r (for tuning)
- just along the way you are calling your apps. Perhaps try with
some other app or other options - but be assured that it works.

cheers,
-- guido                                  http://google.de/search?q=guidod
p.s.  personally I have some problems with the two cards where I can
      not record both cards as the ts stream breaks after 2G or 4G but
      that is really multicard not stream capture from one card alone.