[linux-dvb] Re: DEC2000-t, Cologne DVB test-mode, howto, guide

Hello Alex, hello everyone,

On Sat, 10 Jan 2004 17:06:30 +0000
Alex Woods <linux-dvb@giblets.org> wrote:

> Seems like a pretty comprehensive guide.  Some notes about
> the version of the driver that comes with kernel 2.6.1,
> though:
> [Several corrections]

Applied, thanks.

> It supports section filters to some extent, so you can use
> the scan utility (found in the linux-dvb tarball) to
> produce a channels.conf file.

Will look into that and update my page as soon as I have
found out how that works.

< [Further info]

Applied.

> ts2ps reports data rates from the mpeg headers. These are
> often wrong, but players won't care.  Actual rates for
> terristrial DVB are about 4-6Mbits/s.

That's what I thought; however, the reported data rate is
not the problem (I realized that that was a little on the
high side). The actual rate at
which data is output to stdout from ts2ps is too low to be
2+1-dimensional information. You should not worry, though:
the problem certainly lies with the age of my system
(Debian 3.0r1 stable).

Last but not least, I must commend you on your speed and
thoroughness!

Sincerely,

--
Roland Gersch