[linux-dvb] UK freeview reception on NOVA T

Hi there,

 I’m currently trying to get a newly purchased Hauppauge Nova T working on my myth box. The computer in question is running suse 9. My problem is that I don’t seem to be able to tune to some of the higher muxes coming from my local transmitter (Winter Hill) the three muxes in question are right at the top of the spectrum (ch’s 66,67 and 68). If I tune to the others further down it works, but the top three give me the same error. It goes something like this:

Tuning to 834166670 Hz

ERROR: ioctl FE_SET_FRONTEND failed (Invalid Argument)

Where as when it works I get:

Tuning to 754166670 Hz

Then a load of status lines including the all-important FE_HAS_LOCK

Could it be that there is some range checking somewhere that has been set too low? I’m afraid my linux driver debugging skills are almost none existent.

BTW the DVB driver is version 1.0.1 downloaded straight from the web site.

Hope someone can help me!

Cheers,

Andy Marriott

Home | Main Index | Thread Index