[linux-dvb] Re: V4 Demux API Q's

Rob.McConnell@Zarlink.Com wrote:

audio/video decoders #0 will be from stream #0 that enters demux #0. You
could easily have both A/V decoders fed from the same input stream or even
swapped over.

Hi,
about this isue, some days ago I asked Johannes and Holger their opinion about a similar idea I had
for an implementation of V4: the possibility to have a kind of per-process dvr0 (if dvr0 is going to vanish in V4
let's call it differently).

Currently you can have only a single TS out of all the demuxes set, and if you try
to let multiple processes read dvr0 each program will eat (and destroy) the others' pids.

What I'd like to see is a process-specific TS made of all demuxes previously set,
so each process will have its own original TS (copied from the frontend to a
per-process ringbuffer).

Naturally some (or all) pids could be duplicated (e.g.: pcr, pat and pmt, but also audio and video) on all TSs active.

Is it feasible?

Thanks,
Nico