[linux-dvb] Re: DEC2000-t, Cologne DVB test-mode, howto, guide

Marcus Metzler wrote:
Roland Gersch writes:
> > > Cologne. > >
> > Hmm. About 5 km? Ich wohne in Klettenberg.
> > After actually breaking out the ruler and the map, I can
> provide the more accurate distance of (4.5 plus/minus 0.3)
> km. (If I am receiving the KölnTurm transmission)

Thanks for the accurate information. We are about twice as far from
the tower (\pm 2km) and we don't have a supported card. So we would
have to hope that we have reception and write a driver at the same
time, which is a bit nerve-wracking.
Usually the receiption is better a little farther away from the transmission station than directly under the transmitting antenna - reflections and interferences are a real problem, especially inside buildings.

In any case you can get a cheap Nova-T for less than 100EUR as reference you should be able to easily check your receiption situation.

Holger