[linux-dvb] Re: DEC2000-t, Cologne DVB test-mode, howto, guide

Holger Waechtler writes:
 > Marcus Metzler wrote:
 > > Roland Gersch writes:
 > >  > On Sat, 10 Jan 2004 20:20:15 +0100
 > >  > Roland Gersch <r@roland-gersch.de> wrote:
 > >  >
 > >  > > > Could you say, how far you are from the transmitter in
 > >  > > > Cologne.
 > >  > >
 > >  > > Hmm. About 5 km? Ich wohne in Klettenberg.
 > >  >
 > >  > After actually breaking out the ruler and the map, I can
 > >  > provide the more accurate distance of (4.5 plus/minus 0.3)
 > >  > km. (If I am receiving the KölnTurm transmission)
 > >  >

 > > Thanks for the accurate information. We are about twice as far from
 > > the tower (\pm 2km) and we don't have a supported card. So we would
 > > have to hope that we have reception and write a driver at the same
 > > time, which is a bit nerve-wracking.
 >
 > Usually the receiption is better a little farther away from the
 > transmission station than directly under the transmitting antenna -
 > reflections and interferences are a real problem, especially inside
 > buildings.
 >
 > In any case you can get a cheap Nova-T for less than 100EUR as reference
 > you should be able to easily check your receiption situation.

Well that's 100EUR wasted in case there is no reception. Better wait
till the regular service starts.

Marcus

| mocm@metzlerbros.de            | http://www.metzlerbros.de/        |
 |>>>        I like GNU, but I couldn't eat a whole one          <<<|