[linux-dvb] Re: DEC2540-T (again)

Martijn van de Streek wrote:

On Tue, 13 Jan 2004, Roland Gersch wrote:

Fascinating. I once more utterly fail to understand a content industry
argument. Why exactly do they believe framegrabber cards are
low-quality?

I don't know the details of the agreements betweend Canal+, Hauppauge
and Digitenne (our local DVB "operator"), but Hauppauge confirmed
(unofficially, on the end-user support forum) that the DEC3000-S doesn't
have this restriction..

Which makes their argument that much harder to understand. So they are content
that some consumers buy a device which will not let them make a recording of the
broadcast when used with certain operating systems?

Sincerely,
Roland Gersch