[linux-dvb] Re: 1.0.2 Release?

On Fri, Jan 16, 2004 at 09:35:09AM +0100, Steffen Barszus wrote:
> > stv0299-based frontend (full-featured card, rev.2.1):  no
>
> It takes longer. FSC Rev1.3 + SS 2.6b. DVB naturally FSC only. But as there
> are no recordings ongoing only the FSC should tune as it is the first card.
> Channel change time is around 1-2 sec or more in opposite to nearby instantly
> if DVB is used. Stability is a lot better with dvb-kernel. I have vdr running

You could try to play with the oscillator frequencies: the zig-zag code
for some frontends seems to be different in DVB and dvb-kernel:
if you get the right value for your lnb, tuning should be as fast as
before. Just adding/subtracting 1.5-2 MHz can make a big difference,
especially, of course, for low symbol rate channels.

Wolfgang