[linux-dvb] Re: Nova-T USB in linux 2.6.1?

On Friday 16 January 2004 3:31 pm, James Birkett wrote:
> I am trying to get a Hauppage Nova-t USB to work using
> the drivers in linux 2.6.1 - I insert the modules
> dvb-core, dvb-ttusb-budget and alps_tdmb7 which seem
> to load correctly, but if I try to run scan, it fails
> to find any channels, and I get this in my
> /var/log/messages:
>
> Jan 16 15:17:48 graphite kernel: ttusb_start_feed
> Jan 16 15:17:48 graphite kernel: ttusb_start_iso_xfer:
> failed urb submission (0: err = -22)!
> Jan 16 15:17:48 graphite kernel: ttusb_start_feed
> Jan 16 15:17:48 graphite kernel: ttusb_start_feed
>
> I googled "failed urb submission" and it appears that
> it is something to do with the usb system being
> different in linux 2.6 to how it was in 2.4
>
> Do I need to upgrade to the cvs version of the
> drivers? and if so, how do I download them?

Try adding this line:

urb->interval = 1;

under the line urb->transfer_flags = URB_ISO_ASAP; in the ttusb_start_iso_xfer
function.  No guarantees that it will work (I don't have a nova-t usb to play
with - never have), but if it does, please let me know so that I can update
cvs.

Cheers,
Alex