[linux-dvb] Re: Unable to get ITV mux

On Sunday 18 January 2004 21:08, James Mulcahy wrote:
> On Sun, 18 Jan 2004, Gavin Hamill wrote:

> Thanks for your prompt response Gavid, I tried this to no avail
> however....

:(

> james@neon:~/projects/DVB$ dvbtune -f 834167 -cr 2_3 -qam 64 -i
> Using DVB card "Philips TDA10045H"

I only have the older Grundig frontend Nova-T :/

> Bit error rate: 131070

To me that smacks far too strongly of 'something wrong' since it's very close
to 131072, a nice computing number 2 ^ 17 ... Do you get this reported error
rate on the working muxes?

Also,

> Event:  Frequency: 844767000

That's not the frequency you tuned... what happens if you try to set dvbtune
to "-f 823567" in case there's some strange offset incantation going wrong?

> FE_STATUS: FE_HAS_SIGNAL FE_HAS_CARRIER

It seems the signal has, for whatever reason, dropped away since there's no
LOCK or VITERBI being reported.

Cheers,
Gavin.