[linux-dvb] Re: /dev/dvb empty

> I found the problem on the basis that everything was OK except hotplug and,
> to be honest, I have no idea whether this is extremely embarassing or not
> but - I didnt have hotplug configured in the kernel... Personally I think
> it's embarassing so I'll thank you and Roland and quietly apologise for the
> noise :)

Don't worry about it.  The hotplug/firmware stuff can be quite confusing due
its transparency.

However, I would have thought that since the ttusb-dec driver selects the
firmware loader automatically and that depends on hotplug, the kernel should
have got itself configured properly.  How did you configure the kernel?

Cheers,
Alex