[linux-dvb] Re: Kernel oops with ttusb_dec

On Monday 19 January 2004 9:04 pm, Rafael Kolless wrote:
> Am Montag, 19. Januar 2004 21:39 schrieb Olaf Titz:
> > > Sod's law, really. After digging around in various kernels, it seems
> > > that the crc32 function that the ttusb_dec uses first appears in
> > > kernel 2.4.22.
> >
> > Do a compile time test on the availability of that function? I'm doing
> > that in the latest development of CIPE (which could perhaps have
> > avoided the error in the first place :-)
> >
> > If the checking is really optional, wrapping it in
> >
> > #if defined(CONFIG_CRC32) || defined(CONFIG_CRC32_MODULE)
> > #else
> > #warning "CRC checking not available"
> > #endif
>
> Excuse me, I am not a programmer, where should I drop these lines? At line
> 1235 or at the top?
>
> I will make test to see if it works.

Just around those lines I told you to remove. It should work just fine, and
checking really is optional.  The reason I was considering not doing it, is
that there are already of a lot of compiler directives in the driver due to
differences between kernels 2.4 and 2.6, and it's beginning to obfuscate
things.  Then again, I don't suppose it will make things much worse - let me
know if it works ;)

Cheers,
Alex