[linux-dvb] Re: UK DVB-T Freeview channel numbering

On Tue, 20 Jan 2004 18:12:22 +0100
Klaus Schmidinger <Klaus.Schmidinger@cadsoft.de> wrote:

> How did you find out about this user-defined descriptor?
> Is there any documentation available about its format (and maybe
> other user-defined descriptors, too)?

I'm afraid I stumbled across it whilst writing an EPG program (initially in raw hex) this summer attempting to learn C. It was the only descriptor ID not documented anywhere (declared "private/user-defined" in the various DVB docs), but spotted the service ID's within the descriptor data and noticed the incrementing values in between them. I decided to modify 'scan' a few days ago, as manual numbering was becoming a pain. I'm glad I did now. :)

Cheers,

John