[linux-dvb] Re: Fwd: vdr reports broken video stream with dec-2000t

On Thursday 22 January 2004 7:18 pm, Rafael Kolless wrote:
> On Wednesday 21 January 2004 23:53, Alex Woods wrote:
> > I've no experience of vdr (no hardware mpeg decoder - does it still
> > require one?), but if it is possible to tell it to record without
> > displaying the video, please try it out.  That will isolate whether the
> > problem is with feeding the player quick enough, or with usb bandwidth
> > (I'm not sure how many sections filters can be handled whilst also
> > streaming video).
>
> I use a Hollywood+ for decoding. The card works fine. But there is a plugin
> which uses Mplayer as a decoder for desktops for all who don't own a
> hardware decoder :)
>
> I tried everything now, switched to a older firmware from dec215a but there
> ist no better behavior.
>
> Xine hangs each time and I have to give it a kill -9 to end the sessions.
> Xine shows as a channel c5 ec?? in the window.

Xine tunes to the first channels in ~/.xine/channels.conf initially.  What
happens if you put a channel you know works well at the top of the
channels.conf?

> Xine and Vdr using a process called [kdvb-fe-0:0] (which Mplayer does not
> use). That's the only difference I can see between this applications.

This is just from opening the frontend I think.

> Could it be a problem of another module like dvb-core?

I doubt it, otherwise there'd be other people mailing the list about it.

Cheers,
Alex