[linux-dvb] Re: Fwd: vdr reports broken video stream with dec-2000t

On Friday 23 January 2004 5:34 am, Rafael Kolless wrote:
> On Thursday 22 January 2004 23:15, Alex Woods wrote:
> > Xine tunes to the first channels in ~/.xine/channels.conf initially.
> >  What happens if you put a channel you know works well at the top of the
> > channels.conf?
>
> And found the problem, there are illegal entries in top of channels.conf
> I copied it from dvb-apps/util/szap/channels.conf-dvbt-berlin and didn't
> have a look at it since :(
>
> Xine does not react on direct urls like dvb://<channel> and uses the first
> entry. Funny enough, after I changed .xine/channels.conf vdr works also.
>
> I am very sorry to complain about the module. It was a newbieerror on my
> side. But these entries should be removed from cvs, they make no sense in
> my opinion (maybe someone can explain me them?)

If the driver returned real signal lock/strength values then the apps would
probably have given you more useful error messages, so don't worry about it.

You should take a look at the scan application in dvb-apps.  With it you can
create your own channels.conf files in a number of formats.

Cheers,
Alex