[linux-dvb] Re: Nebula DigiTV and nxt6000 problems

Hi,

> Changing the code to:
>
>         case FE_INIT:
>                 nxt6000_reset(fe);
>                 nxt6000_setup(fe);
>                 break;
>
>         case FE_RESET:
>                 nxt6000_reset(fe);
>                 break;
>
> Still works for me. Is there any documentation regarding this board? I
> would like to have a crack at getting the FE_READ_BER,
> FE_READ_SIGNAL_STRENGTH, FE_READ_SNR and FE_READ_UNCORRECTED_BLOCKS
> ioctls running. I know the board can do this as the manufacturers
> Windows software displays these values.

The code should be already there. I just commented it out.

I don't recommend to actually do anything during FE_RESET. I had serious
trouble with that. At the time were i wrote that piece of code the bttv i2c
tended to easily lockup if the i2c bus was too busy. So i avoided i2c traffic
as much as possible.

Situation might have changed now with the switchover to hardware controlled
i2c. But i still recommand to not enable it by default. (Module param?)

Try to tune to a non existant frequency or station. FE_RESET will be called
very often. Wait a couple of seconds and then tune to a known good station.
Repeat say 3-5 times. If you dont encounter any lockups it might be save.

Regards,
    Florian