[linux-dvb] Re: loading multiple cards

Alexandre CONRAD wrote:

> I would like to know how in what order the driver loads the multiple FF
> cards in my system. I have 3 FF cards. And it seems that on the mother
> board, cards from the top are loading last.
> Is there a way I can make SURE the cards will load in the same order ?
> I'm using playlists for reading on-disk videos, and I have a playlist
> for each board. But I want to make sure that after a reboot, my
> playlists will feed the right cards with the right videos to be
> displayed on the right screen.

The PCI adapter driver (e.g. saa7146) will call the PCI subsystem
to enumerate all devices on the bus. I think there was a change
between 2.4 and 2.6, but there is nothing the DVB drivers can do
about it.

udev in 2.6 might be able to solve this problem because you can configure
that a card in a specific PCI slot will have device nodes in
the /dev/dvb/adapterN you wish.

Johannes