[linux-dvb] Re: Is there anything I could do to make editing mark working under 2.6?

Klaus Schmidinger wrote:
> Johannes Stezenbach wrote:
> >
> > LD_ASSUME_KERNEL=2.4 ./vdr
> > (LD_ASSUME_KERNEL=2.4 makes glibc use linuxthreads
> > even if the kernel is capable of running NPTL.)
>
> VDR 1.3 natively supports NPTL.

What does this mean?

I tried with vdr-1.3.3. It hangs without LD_ASSUME_KERNEL=2.4.

NPTL is more Posix conforming than linuxthreads, so there may be
differences in the *behaviour* of some pthread_* functions,
and especially in the interaction of threads and signals.

But I haven't had time to look into NPTL yet, so I don't
know what exactly could be the problem. But the SIGIO stuff
in vdr/thread.c could be the culprit...

Regards,
Johannes