[linux-dvb] Re: 2.6.1 + 2.6.2rc3 dvb-driver interupt kernel panics (error in dvb_dmx_swfilter_section_copy_dump !?)

Manuel Hartl wrote:

> >Because of the pre-2.6.0 code freeze the changes between 2.6.0 and
> >2.6.1 were rather large. I would rather suspect the bug in av7110.c,
> >but maybe we can rule that out if you have success with your dvb_demux
> >experiment.
> hmm. my 1st test (only with demux stuff changed) resulted in an null
> pointer exception...i think this is because of mixing stuff up...
>
> in a 2nd try i inserted the saa*, dvbcore and the dvb-ttpci (so all except
> the frontend stuff i think) from 2.6.0 to the 1.1.0 driver release. this
> patched driver works on my 2.6.3-rc1 kernel just fine (now running for 2-3
> days).

Hm, you change a bit too much in one go, so it's not visible
which part fo the changes causes the problem.

Anyway, I reviewed the changes between 2.6.0 and 2.6.1 in dvb-core
and dvb-ttpci and found nothing obvious. I did not look at the
saa7146 driver yet.
And I'm not yet convinced that the new sw section filter code
(dvb_dmx_swfilter_section_copy_dump()) causes the problem.

Johannes