[linux-dvb] Re: IP over dvb encapsulation

cwtan wrote:

> >I has read through the mailing list and come across a few similiar
> >setup. Nonetheless, none of the got replied. I hope some one could
> >help me up.
> >L-band monitoring output will constantly output at 1080mhz. I tried to
> >use scan program to scan at 1080Mhz but did not receive anything. Can
> >anyone tell me what setting to use? DVB-C or DVB-S. If its DVB-s what
> >about the polarization and other value since I am not using a real
> >dish for frontend?
> >I have been trying with ./scan -c 1080000000 but not successful also.

scan and szap assume you have an LNB and thus substract the
LOF (local oscillator frequency).

You could add a "direct" LNB to lib/lnb.c which has a LOF of 0,
and use 'szap -l direct'.

If you have just one frequency you should use szap to tune
(create a one-line channels.conf with the proper frequency
and some dummy values) and run 'scan -c'.

Or you can create a one-line initial file for scan and run
'scan -l direct', but this will have problems if you have
and invalid NIT in your stream.

Or you can use one of the predefined LNBs and add the LOF to
your 1080MHz.

> >Another question is that whether the current 1.1.0 driver support MPE
> >decapsulation. (I understand that 0.8 version doesn't..)

Yes. See dvb-apps/util/dvbnet/.

Johannes