[linux-dvb] Re: videodev not in reuse / Re: Re: dvb-kernel modulespb in 2.4.21-0.13mdk

Hello Guido,

On 14.02.2004 12:04, Guido Draheim schrieb:
And now I go with another pb, opening xawtv on
the videodev makes it work, closing it and reopening it I gets me bogus
messages about still being use  - however there is no xawtv in ps -u
and fuser /dev/v4l/video* does not show anything. - I did want to
unload/reload the driver but they say too "device or resource busy".

$ This is xawtv-3.85, running on Linux/i686 (2.4.21-0.13mdk)
This is fairly old. 3.91 is the current version. Although this should not be the problem.

config: invalid value for input: Composite1
valid choices for "input": "DVB"
ioctl: VIDIOC_S_STD(std=0x7 [PAL_B,PAL_B1,PAL_G]): Device or resource busy
ioctl: VIDIOC_OVERLAY(int=1): Device or resource busy
v4l2: read: Device or resource busy

# fuser -va /dev/v4l/video*

                     USER        PID ACCESS COMMAND
/dev/v4l/video0
No process references; use -v for the complete list
/dev/v4l/video1
No process references; use -v for the complete list

# lsmod
ves1x93                 6116   1
dvb-ttpci             290708   1
Hm, but something actually keeps it open, otherwise the usage count would have dropped to 0.

what to check else?
cheers,
-- guido                                  http://google.de/search?q=guidod
Please try to reproduce it and tell us the exact steps you were doing.

CU
Michael.