[linux-dvb] Re: dvb-ttpci oops 2.4 / Re: videodev not in reuse

Michael Hunold wrote:

May be that xawtv version has an interesting way
to shut down the videodev but that should not invoke an oops, right?

For sure not. Please try a recent "xawtv" version. Meanwhile I'll try 3.85 and see if I can reproduce the bug.

I did try with xawtv 3.88 - same thing again.

Then I thought it may have to do with "bttv" being present in the system,
so I did rmmod bttv (it gets loaded on startup as being autodetected),
then modprobe dvb-ttpci.

This time, no oops (!), so one can open/close xawtv any number - but the
picture is all green/black, so obviously the overlay conversion is just
incorrect - having bttv being loaded before (and going to do its bunch
of inits) makes the overlay show correct colors. Loading the bttv
driver after dvb-ttpci does not show an effect, still wrong colors.

I do remember to have seen this a while back but I do not remember what
it was - perhaps just that the dvb-kernel did have this effect ever
since (but I don't remember to oops out on it).

cheers,
-- guido                                  http://google.de/search?q=guidod
GCS/E/S/P C++/++++$ ULHS L++w- N++@ s+:a d(+-) r+@>+++ y++ 5++X- (geekcode)