[linux-dvb] Re: linuxtv-dvb-apps-showconfigs.patch

Johannes Stezenbach wrote:
Guido Draheim wrote:

here is a patch that will make `dvbscan` to list the series of
initial-data-files being installed in the system. It works on
all of /etc/dvb/dvb-?/* /usr/share/dvb/dvb-?/* and of course
that /usr/share/doc/packages/dvb/dvb-?/* ... it may help user
to get a clue (it's shown when no cmdline arguments are given).

Btw, I was thinking over to give this function its own getopt
but hey "-l" is taken :-/ ... and what makes me wonder, why
is there "q:" while the usagedoc says it does not require an
argument (i.e. --quiet)?

Hm, that's a bug.

+static void show_existing_tuning_data_files(void)
+{
+#ifndef PREFIX
+#define PREFIX "/usr/local"
+#endif
+ static const char* prefixlist[] = { PREFIX"/share/dvb", + "/usr/share/dvb", "/etc/dvb", + "/usr/share/doc/packages/dvb", 0 };

Hm, I don't like that.

The correct way to do it would be to have a configure script,
and have the executable look in the configured location.
If you allow configurable DATADIRs then the executable should look in the configured AND all commonly (by distributors) used PREFIX/DATADIRs.

Holger