[linux-dvb] Re: bt8xx unres syms / Re: Re: linuxtv-dvb-install-destdir.patch

Johannes Stezenbach wrote:
Guido Draheim wrote:

Johannes Stezenbach wrote:

See README.bt8xx.
Hmmm, it still does not say how to go about it as a packager. As far as
I understand it one should not use dvb-bt8xx on a kernel without the
absolute latest fashion, so in 2.4.21 one should `rm dvb-bt8xx.o` and
not ship it along. Right? (and thereby get rid of the bogus depmod warning)

Ah, that's true. But how could we solve this? IMHO distributions
must either patch their kernel or patch build-2.4/Makefile.
Not enabling bttv in the kernel config and use a recent standalone bttv driver snapshot instead could work as well.

Or we change build-2.4/Makefile to omit dvb-bt8xx.o by default,
or add some logic to detect the kernel patch...
too complicated and would only cause new bugreports (dvb-bt8xx.o does not builds, I'm too blind too read the compile log warnings!), not?

Holger