[linux-dvb] Re: overlay-problem -> pci-latency

Hello Guido,

On 15.02.2004 15:16, Guido Fiala schrieb:
Hallo Michael,

Am Sonntag, 15. Februar 2004 13:50 schrieben Sie:

I once introduced a bug that cause this, but this has been fixed for a
long time now. (I just confirmed this with a fresh CVS driver)

sorry - i didn't notice this. I was using Klaus' recommended driver version, will drop him a note.
Ah, I fixed this in an older version of "dvb-kernel", not in DVB. I really can't comment on DVB. Hmm, isn't it suspicous that such a bug was unnoticed in DVB for so long?

Yes, i have a version from 08/03 or so. Just checked out module
"dvb-kernel" from cvs, but it gives lots of compile errors in
v4l2-common.c
See my other mails.

Is this the right version or do i need dvb-kernel-v4 ??
Yes, it is. Don't use v4 -- it's the next generation dvb api.

Do i need a special version of kernel (have 2.4.20) and/or v4l2 ?
2.4.20 should be fine, although it's a bit old. See my other mails for details.

Guido

PS: there is still the problem of the outcommand-errors and instable firmware, any news there?
It seems to appear only on some machines in certain configurations. Unfortunately this never happens to the developer's machines (which could speed up debugging this kind of problems...)

CU
Michael.