[linux-dvb] Re: Siemens DVB-C CI and RGB

From: "Andre Neumann" <chef@andre-neumann.de>
> damn it. I just removed the CI from my card, but RGB isnt working
anymore.

> When rgb_on is set, is it right, that on pin 16 there sould be +5V ??
> Is it the only difference beetween?

Well, yes, but if pin 16 is high, the Red, Green and Blue signal pins
should of course also carry valid signals, which apparently is not the case
on your card. I don't have a SCART pin layout right now, try finding one
and figuring out which pins on the card they are connected to. Maybe a
badly soldered bit couldn't take the stress of the "Kabelpeitsche" being
removed and connected once more...

> i mean, when i damaged the card, the normal
> composite picture should be wrong, too, isnt t ?

Nope. The AV7110 outputs Y/composite and red/green/blue on different pins,
so if you indeed managed to fry some of its red/green/blue pins, the
Y/composite could still work...

Regards,
--
Robert Schlabbach