[linux-dvb] Re: Siemens DVB-C CI and RGB

On Tue, 17 Feb 2004, Fabian Kronner wrote:

| PS: As a sidenote for anyone that's interested; the Irdeto 4.9SE CAM
| works flawelessly for Premiere (including Activations via Cable) with
| VDR 1.2.6... using a Siemens DVB-C w/ CI-Module that is! It it only were
| possible to decrypt more than one channel simultaneously...

If VDR had implemented this (as I understood, it hasn't yet), then it still
depends on the CAM. I found out that not all CAMs strictly follow the
specifications of EN 50221 which requests that a CAM should be able to
do this. Cryptoworks for example does, AlphaCrypt doesn't (at least I couldn't
make it work). I don't know about the Irdeto, though.

pm