[linux-dvb] Ultra Light Encapsulation

Hello all,

----------
I am thinking about to implement a IPv6/DVB test encapsulator for some native IPv6 tests over DVB-S and DVB-T.
Therefore I will use the DVB Master III TX from http://www.computermodules.com. Most of the IP/DVB encapsulators are based on the MPE mechanism.
This protocol is standard but it produces a lot of traffic overhead. The IETF IP-over-DVB WG proposed the new ULE protocol to be used for DVB data
transmission instead of MPE:

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-fair-ipdvb-ule-02.txt

Was LinuxTv.org already starting an ULE implementation or have you already considered about it ?
This would help a lot because I only have to implement the transmitting part (IPv6/DVB encapsulator).
best regards

Olaf

--
Dipl. Ing. Olaf Menzel - System Engineer
FOKUS - Fraunhofer Institute for Open Communication Systems: