[linux-dvb] Re: Reading from 4 cards simultaneously?

On Tue, 24 Feb 2004, Jon Burgess wrote:

| I have 4 budget Nova-T PCI cards in my PC and it works OK. This is with
| a reasonably spec'd normal desktop motherboard with a Intel 865G chipset
| with a single standard 32bit/33MHz PCI bus (Gigabyte GA-8IG1000 Pro).

I'm running two servers with 4 Nova-S each. On each Nova there is a
DVB->RTP streamer attached. Each streaming process constantly scans a
whole transponder. The system runs 24h/day for almost two months
now (driver version is 1.0.1).

I only get sporadic drop-outs. In this case, the streaming process
restarts immediately.

But I have serious troubles with the CAM support :-( I'm now playing
around with driver version 1.1.0, which seems to work slightly better.
Currently, I can't stream for more than approx 2 hours in a row. After an
unspecified amount of time, the card (WinTV Nexus-S) refuses to provide
TS data. Only reloading the driver helps.

Has anyone similar experiences?

pm