[mpeg2] Re: mpex experience

I would really recommend the MPEX cards. Previously we had used the KFIR
cards. The kfir ones were pretty useless... drifted out of sync within 5
hours of encoding start, died on signal loss, required a complete reboot
every week to keep them going.

The MPEX ones however, seem fine so far.

As for drivers, check out the saa7134 driver at http://bytesex.org/
I'm adding support for the MPEX card to it right now. Works under kernel
>2.4.20. The version on that page isn't complete yet, however. I'm still
working on the MPEX-specific audio support right now (BTW: I'm just doing the
encoder bit, borrowing bits from the original driver at linuxtv.org).

Home | Main Index | Thread Index