[vdr] Re: DVD playback problems

On Thu, Nov 29, 2001 at 08:41:08PM +0100, Guido Fiala wrote:

> Ok, XV does'nt use that much CPU (as it's mostly hardware) but the only
> difference to a switch to 800x600 is (beside the avoid of the monitor
> switching clicking ;-) that you have now a border around your window and
> other X-Windows stuff.

What is the boarder you are talking about?
And I totaly disagree with you: when I got a "tv" resolution at 150 Hz,
I find really better an interpolated 1600x1200@75 Hz, that's really
different, but of course that's fully subjective.

> DVB could probably go up to 1600x900 pixel in transmission (HDTV, spec?) but
> that's up to the broadcasters ....
>
> The windows driver supports some upscaling beyond 800x600 (for me 1024x768),
> bttv driver alike - is that still done in the TV-card hardware or by software
> or by graphics-card hardware?

I also achieve 1600x1200 under windows (my monitor can't do more...).

Is xv supported with current (CVS or not) with DVB-s?

Thanks you very much,

	Grégoire
http://ulima.unil.ch/greg ICQ:16624071 mailto:greg@ulima.unil.ch

Home | Main Index | Thread Index