[vdr] Re: Joining .vdr files?

----- Original Message -----
From: "Rene Bartsch" <vdr@bartschnet.de>

> What do you mean with "the 5th byte of every 8 byte"?
>
> I tried to edit index.vdr in ASCII and in HEX, but nothings looks like
00X.
> I also couldn't find anything looking like a counting value.
>
> Can you give me a hint?

Please take a look into the sources of VDR.
In 'dvbapi.c' (from VDR 1.0.4) there is a class named 'cIndexFile' that
handles the index file. As you can see, vdr's index files are binary files
containing structs of type 'tIndex'

---<from dvbapi.c>---
  struct tIndex { int offset; uchar type; uchar number; short reserved; };

---</dvbapi.c>---

offset: Binary offset (filepointer) in the 00x.vdr
type: Frametype, see I_FRAME, P_FRAME, B_FRAME in 'remux.h'
number: this is the number x in the filename 00x.vdr

greetings
Christian