[vdr] Re: Driver or VDR Problem setting and jusageing cutmarks on Nexus 2.1

> > > Sorry,
> > >
> > > i have tested the patch, but it does not work for me. I have the same
> > > problem as before....if i use the nptl enabled glibc pthread libs
(/lib/i686
> > > & /lib/tls) the rcu expansion does not work anymore (hang) and all vdr
> > > threats runīs at least with only one pid. I dont have tested setting
and
> > > moving cutmarks....
> >
> > Normally the threads based on NPTL do have only one process and
therefore
> > only one pid.  This is the reason why for signal handling the masks have
> > be set appropiate for each thread and the process to be sure that the
> > thread which should reveive a signal does get it (-> POSIX requires
this).
> > The simple way as for the old pthread does not work ... or better the
> > result is not predictable within NPTL.
> >
> > Which kernel (including patches) and which glibc version
> > (including patches) are you running?
>
> Btw: Please try out moving the cutmarks ...
> You may watch the single threads by using
>
>          pid=`pidof vdr`
>          watch -n 2 ps um --pid $pid
>
> ... let's see.
>

>         Werner

Hi,

i use an nearly vanilla 2.6.6 with supermount patch and Glibc 2.3.3 with
NPTL support (standard from mkd 10.0).

I could not test cutmarks because my rcu will cause an "hang" at vdr
startup, with and without patch...vdr donīt react to my IR or keyboard
then...

Andreas

Home | Main Index | Thread Index