[vdr] Re: Universal-remote (again)

> So do I. I hate it, but I have not found anything better. I programmed VDR
> on a SAT device, with code 0200. This makes all the buttons except U1 work
> just fine. The only problem I have is that STOP=GREEN and REC=YELLOW, so I
> program them on the user buttons bellow.

Hmm, I've programmed my Kameleon OFA to allow for every button availiable
under SAT. But it DID take a few hours of Magic key testing.

Heres what I did. Put the DVB driver in ir debug mode. Set the
/proc/av7110_ir in RC5 mode.

tail -f /var/log/messages
or watch dmesg

Now whenever you press a button on the remote you should have a new debug
line in the log. The line tells you address and value. Now get your pen
and paper :)

The cameleon has a Magic key entry that goes something like this:
Press magic untill rabbit, "994", then a _three_ digit code and your
remote should send a command. Consult the Kameleon doc for more info.

Anyway, now try every code from 0 -> 256... You should get a debug line
from the DVB driver when you hit a code that give a response, note the
address and value. You will not get a hit on every code, but after a while
you see the pattern. Its something like first 12 works, the next 8 dont,
the next 12 work etc, I don't remember the exact sequence.

If you write down every sequence you get, you will have plenty of working
magic codes that you can put on every remote buttons! This should give you
plenty of possibilities for User commands etc :)

--
Mvh. Are Årseth
| are at arseth.org | aaarseth at atmel.com |

Home | Main Index | Thread Index