[vdr] Re: Softdevice + DirectFB + cle266

Tony Grant wrote:

-> more or less OT (to the guys that own an EPIA) :
Since EPIA boards have a buildin hardware decoder it would be better
to have a separate plugin like dxr3-plugin for them.
The hardware support is being worked on in the unichrome driver. It will
be taken care of in XvMC and no plugin will be required
When you say "driver", you mean the XFRee86 video drvier, isn't it ? If I want to use it, I have to bring the whole X-Window stuff.
I would prefer to use the light DirectFB, on top of the viafb kernel "module" (not "driver"), that provides a frame-buffer for the console and applications.
I can't figure the relationship between these two pieces of code : they seme to be related, but which one is the master, and which one is derived from the other. It seems that the viafb kernel frame-buffer comes from Via, but there are patches around (the -epia kernel), and the release dates of those Via modules is quite old (early 2003).

-> about softdevice DirectFB :
* what is the status of the DirectFB code ?
For Epia-M there is apparently working accelerated mpeg2 support for
viaFB in MythTV.
http://mythtv.org/pipermail/mythtv-dev/2003-December/016397.html
My setup with softdevice is quite the same (except kernel 2.6.6, corresponding -epia kernel patch, and DirectFB from CVS). I'll try the most obvious changes (get back to DirectFB 0.9.20).

NH

Home | Main Index | Thread Index