[vdr] Re: skystar 2 not recognized

Peter,
I've done what you recommended, but no success.
Therefore I tried a new installation (with online update, with dvb-driver
1.1.1). After the reboot, the screen filled with thousands of "01", no
response to keystrokes etc.Finally I removed the skystar2, installed again
(with dvb-driver 1.0.1), everything worked. I think I sell the skystar2 and
buy a technotrend budget card...
Thanks for your response!
Richard
Am Mittwoch, 9. Juni 2004 20:16 schrieb Peter Siering:
> On Wed, 2004-06-09 at 00:35, Richard wrote:
> > I have set up the 2004 version of ct's vdr distribution "out of the box".
> > Until now it worked without problems (with a Technisat 1.6 full featured
> > card). Now I have inserted a second DVB-card for using the second line of
> > my twin LNB. This card is a Skystar 2. My system ignores this card.  I
> > think I have chosen for the 1.1 version of the DVB driver (I don't know
> > how to check this).
>
> the driver package tries some kind of hardware detection on install to
> just load modules for present cards. To probe again after inserting
> another card, just do:
>
> /etc/init.d/vdr stop
> modprobe -r dvb
> dpkg-reconfigure linuxtv-dvb-modules-2.4.24-ctvdr-2
>
> debconf should ask the same questions you've answered while installing
> for the first time.
>
> Peter

Richard Müller - Am Spring 9 - D-58802 Balve-Eisborn
r.mueller@oeko-sorpe.de      -     www.oeko-sorpe.de

Home | Main Index | Thread Index