[vdr] Re: skystar 2 not recognized

On Wed, 2004-06-09 at 00:35, Richard wrote:
> I have set up the 2004 version of ct's vdr distribution "out of the box".
> Until now it worked without problems (with a Technisat 1.6 full featured
> card). Now I have inserted a second DVB-card for using the second line of my
> twin LNB. This card is a Skystar 2. My system ignores this card.  I think I
> have chosen for the 1.1 version of the DVB driver (I don't know how to check
> this).

the driver package tries some kind of hardware detection on install to
just load modules for present cards. To probe again after inserting
another card, just do:

/etc/init.d/vdr stop
modprobe -r dvb
dpkg-reconfigure linuxtv-dvb-modules-2.4.24-ctvdr-2

debconf should ask the same questions you've answered while installing
for the first time.

Peter

Home | Main Index | Thread Index