[linux-dvb] Re: Two processes reading different pids concurrently?

Steve,

You can't get two different multiplexed streams from the driver, but
different processes can get individual streams from the driver using "PES
filters" and reading the data (in PES format) from /dev/ost/demux.

For example, application 1 can read a multiplexed TS containing PIDS 600 and
601 from /dev/ost/dvr.

At the same time, application 2 can open /dev/ost/demux twice and from each
filehandle read a different PID - i.e. 610 and 611.  It should then be
possible to use the functions from mpegtools to remultiplex the streams and
create a TS.

However, I agree with your point - it would be very nice if multiple
applications could concurrently open /dev/ost/dvr and read diffferent (or
even overlapping) subsets of the TS.

The problem can always be solved in user space by having application 1 pass
data onwards to application 2 via a pipe - what exactly are you trying to do?

Dave.