[linux-dvb] Re: Possible bug in dvb_frontend.c [Was: "Videodatastream brocken" - origin (maybe) found]

Hello Alfred & Johannes,

On Tue, 3 Aug 2004 14:10:57 +0200
Johannes Stezenbach <js@convergence.de> wrote:

  | > I will begin with that this evening. I used to hope that there would be
  | > a solution to save this work, because my vdr-box is only accessible via
  | > network.
  | >
  | > It has neither a monitor nor a keyboard attached und it has only a
  | > runtime system. I have to cross-compile everything.  ;-)
  |
  | I see. As you have a working solution there is no need for you
  | to hurry -- there a re also others who share the problem and
  | could do some testing. But in the end someone will have to do the work...

well, currently i have some free time that i'm willing to spend on trying any patch sets that could make my 1 Rev 1.3 card VDR setup
more stable. The current "stable" setup i use is VDR 1.3.12 with Klaus recommended linux-dvb.2003-11-08 drivers, but
unfortunately, if i leave the box up for several days, it will just do weird things ( OSD becoming unreadable,video
data stream broken,etc..).

Any attempt to use the dvb-kernel drivers (i tried mainly 2.6 with 2.6.7+ kernels but i remember i had the same problem with 2.4 as well),
will result in channels zapping automatically.

Given all the different tries and tests that i've made, the change of frontend from alps_bsrv2 to ves1x93 seems to be the root cause of my problems.

In the meantime i'll try the  "old driver" you posted and see if the issue goes away.

Thanks,

Philippe

Home | Main Index | Thread Index