[linux-dvb] Re: [RFC][ANNOUNCE] blindscan: auto search everything

Holger Waechtler wrote:
> Roberto Ragusa wrote:
> >
> >>(BTW, typedefs are deprecated for kernel code (only allowed
> >>for explicitly opaque data types)).
> >

> >Until now, I've been contested:
> >
> >1) "&buf" instead of "buf"
> >2) "//" comments
> >3) use of typedef
> >
> >the funny part is that
> >
> >1) I copied&pasted existing code

Please tell us where you copied from, so we can fix the bug
there, too.

> >2) "//" comments are everywhere
> >3) typedef are everywhere in frontend.h
> >
> >:-) :-) :-)
>
> In the days when we defined this header the common consensus was that
> atomic types can get typedef'd, somposite structs and unions should not.
> I did not followed the recent babbles of the fanatic codingstyle priests
> on the lkml, so I don't know the current policy. Removing the typedefs
> afterwards from pulic API headers would break userspace applications.

The DVB API was originally created by Nokia, and the V3 API header
files still retain much of the Nokia coding style. Look at
the V4 API stuff and you will see much cleaner code.

Please don't take this style bashing personally, but whenever
Michael post a bunch of DVB patches to lkml we get flamed
for out coding style "bugs".

Johannes

Home | Main Index | Thread Index