[linux-dvb] Re: Pinnacle PCTV SAT CI

On Fri, 2004-08-13 at 19:03, Jukka Tastula wrote:
> On Friday 13 August 2004 16:08, Gino Lupino wrote:
>
> > I am trying to use a Pinnacle PCTV Sat Ci card (type 0x71, not 0x5e) on
>
> Don't you mean 0x68? README.bt8xx says you should use card=0x68 and cx24110
> [...]
Using 0x68 is the very first thing I tried, and, being the wrong one, it
actually locked everything as promised! ;-) Card type 0x71 is quite
certainly correct, according to what I found in bttv-cards.c: the PCI ID
of my card is associated to an identifier called BTTV_TWINHAN_DST, and
card type 0x71 seems the right one for Twinhan + DST clones.

> > modprobe bttv hw_i2c=1
> > bttv: Unknown parameter `hw_i2c'
> > bttv0: using: Twinhan DST + clones [card=113,autodetected]
>
> You mean i2c_hw=1. Though modinfo tells me there is no such option anyway.
Yep, it's actually i2c_hw. Modinfo tells you nothing about it because
there's no corresponding MODULE_PARM_DESC() in the code, but the option
is actually there and it's used by the driver (I had a look in
bttv-i2c.c).

Thanks for your hints, unfortunately I still had no luck with this card!

Regards,
Gino

Home | Main Index | Thread Index