[vdr] Re: Video Disk Recorder version 0.95

Rainer Zocholl wrote:

> Klaus.Schmidinger@cadsoft.de(Klaus Schmidinger)  16.09.01 17:50
>
> Once upon a time Klaus Schmidinger shaped the electrons to say...
>
> >The new version 0.95 of the Video Disk Recorder project
> >is now available at
>
> >    http://www.cadsoft.de/people/kls/vdr/download.htm
>
> >NOTE: VDR now requires that you use a DVB driver version dated
> >2001-09-14 or higher.
>
> >- Switched to the driver's new tuning API.
>
> Could it be that the switching is now faster?

Certainly not because of the new API, because that's just a change of names.
Maybe they improved something else, too. If so, good for us!

> >- Pressing the "Power" key now always initiates the shutdown sequence
> >(after   user confirmation in case of a recording timer),
>
> Thats very good.
> Maybe could be possible to add a text which key cancels
> the poweroff sequence? (Resp. which key continues which poweroff)

There is only one place where the user is prompted to cancel the
shutdown, and there it says

   "Press any key to cancel shutdown"
          ***

Would you like VDR to list ALL keys here?? ;-)
Or do you mean something else, which I just haven't understood?

> Hm, i saw the yellow message, but now (no timers, nothing)
> "power" has no visible effect.
>
> 6:19 msi vdr[441]: Power button pressed
> 6:23 msi last message repeated 3 times      ( because noting on screen)
> 6:25 msi vdr[441]: switching to channel 13  (to validate IRC is working)

I'll need to verify this, but that will have to wait until tomorrow.

> while in "playback" power just stops the replay.
>
> ./vdr -w 60 -s ./pwroff
>
> Ok, a problem:
> there is no "pwroff" file.
>
> Hm copying from the vdr-0.94 directory did not help.
>
> Hm, but pressing power while a record is running b
> rings up the message "recording.."
> Pressing "OK"
> brings the "any key cancels".
> and really shuts down the device.